Whiteley Village Cricket Club is, we like to think, one of the friendliest cricket clubs in the South East of England. Our cricket ground offers a beautiful, secluded setting for cricket matches, coaching and practice, including two full-sized pitches and net facilities.
We warmly welcome players of any age or standard wishing to play competitive or social cricket in beautiful surroundings.
We have a strong colts section, a competitive-yet-social Sunday team (sometimes two) and our Saturday 1st, 2nd and 3rd XIs competing in the Fuller’s Surrey County League and Surrey Championship.
We want players to enjoy their cricket, play it in the right spirit and feel part of a successful local club.
Whether you are a top flight or average club cricketer, it is very likely that we will have a standard of cricket to suit you.
Anyone considering joining our club is welcome to attend our practice sessions.
The club has a self-managing lease over the cricket square, pavilion, bar and changing rooms, all of which can be hired for use when not needed for cricket.
The key strengths of our club are that:
- we are an independent, local, single-sport club
- we do not pay players (overseas pros or otherwise)
- we do not want to merge into a bigger or multi-sport club
- to maximise the retention and development of its playing membership at all levels whilst integrating both senior and colts players in a whole-Club environment
- to promote cricket played in the best spirit both as a leisure activity and as a competitive sport
- to develop teams that enable players of all abilities to enjoy their cricket and play to the best of their ability
- to provide a secure, knowledgeable and enjoyable environment for developing cricketers from a young age
We have recently achieved Clubmark status. Clubmark is the only national cross sports quality accreditation scheme for clubs with junior sections. It is built around a set of core criteria which ensure that accredited clubs operate to a set of consistent, accepted and adopted minimum operating standards.
Our colts section coaches boys between 10 and 17. Competitive cricket is played from under 11 upwards. While we aim to be successful in the competitions we enter, we never lose sight of the fact that our colts section is there to coach and encourage players of all abilities to make the most of their their skills.